Arriva group is committed to providing an attractive and viable alternative to private vehicle use by joining up services and ticketing, and improving quality to increase the numbers of people who use Arriva services. The group is committed to buying more sustainable fuel, energy and vehicles that register low emissions of exhaust gases and procuring other sustainable goods and services wherever this is practical. Therefore, Arriva is reducing the impact that its business has on the environment by continuously improving our processes and services.
Our environmental protection activities / efforts means:
- Improvements focused on our targets groups: fuel, chemicals, water, energy and the handling of waste products. This leads to reduced consumption and reduced discharge.
- Concentration on further education of our employees in order to guarantee involvement and engagement in environmental protection activities/efforts.
- That the business activity follows current legislation regarding environmental and other applicable demands.
The environmental protection activities/efforts are a focused and strategically very important field for us and condition for bursting long-term competitiveness.
We are committed to:
- Raising awareness of corporate responsibility across our business
- Behaving responsibly
- Being a pioneer of climate-friendly and environmentally sustainable public transport
- Sharing experiences
- Facilitating the exchange of best practice
Environmental targets of Arriva group
We have introduced ambitious environmental targets across Arriva and by 2020 we aim to have achieved significant reductions in:
- Annual GHG emissions
- Annual building energy
- Annual water consumption
We’re also committed to using more renewable electricity and reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill.